News & Events
DCH Hospice Offers Grief Support Group
An eight-session Grief Care Support Group will be offered this fall through Dearborn County Hospital Home Health & Hospice. It will meet in the Ohio Room of the hospital from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. on eight consecutive Mondays from September 11 through October 30.
The program, which is offered free of charge, will cover numerous grief-related topics.
Facilitators for the group will be Debby Allen, MDIV, DCH Chaplain, and Kylie Walter, MSW, LCSW, DCH Hospice Social Worker and Bereavement Coordinator.
Each week will feature a different topic, including:
• Understanding the grief experience
• Handling the difficult emotions of grief
• Caring for the whole self
• Remembering the person who died
• Making needed adjustments
• Managing the stress of change
• Preparing for special occasions
• Finding meaning after loss
The support group is limited to 10 participants and is recommended for persons who are at least three months past the death of a loved one. For more information or to register, please call Mrs. Allen at 812-537-8259 or 800-676-5572, ext. 8259, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.